Sunday, February 19, 2012

50 Words or Less: Feb 13


Monday: Greeted the sun on my way to school and watched as the feet of snow melted into one foot of snow, went to Telavi for the internet, and stayed up late enough to know I wouldn’t be watching the Grammy’s.

Tuesday: Who knew 5th graders could care so much about one point, 1st graders could be so cute, 2nd graders could be so loud, and 3rd graders could be so awful? And to make matters worse, it’s Valentine’s Day. Khachapuri for lunch and khinkali for dinner makes everything better, though.

Wednesday: Apparently when Niko checked the hot water in the shower and found it not running, he left it on; when I went to take a “bath” an hour later, the bathroom was filled with steam, I couldn’t see 6” in front of me, and good laundry water was being wasted.

Thursday: Went to school prepared to teach lessons alone; instead, I met the new co-teacher and left school at the end of the day with a migraine – exhausted and overwhelmed. For the first time, it wasn’t because of the students.

Friday: After looking up a word she needed to translate for me, Ani started skimming through my Georgian-English dictionary that uses out-of-date English at times. After asking me if I have a “lover” and calling me a chaffinch, she exclaimed, “Andrea…seriously?!” Apparently she’d reached the “s” page.

Saturday: Woke up to my best friend calling to tell me she’s engaged. I was excited with her, but eventually I had to face reality: take off the gloves I slept in, get an extra pair of leggings to walk to church, do laundry outside,learn how to make “Cake Nana”.

Sunday: Homemade cheese and hot bread for breakfast, cake for brunch, and my second hot shower in one week; I’m so happy that having to use my hairdryer to dry a pair of underwear because I washed them all yesterday and the cold froze them couldn’t even dampen my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment