Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm Moving to Georgia...not the state.

Most of you are already aware that I at the end of the month, I am moving to the republic of Georgia, where I will teach English for 9 months. One of the reasons I started a blog was to have a central location that I could update friends and family on my experiences on the other side of the world. However, I realize I haven't addressed Georgia at all, so allow me - if you will - to do so now.

To those of you who may ask, "Where will you be teaching?", the answer is...I don't know.

To those of you who may ask, "What age will you be teaching?", the answer is...I don't know.

To those of you who may ask, "When do you leave?", the answer is...I don't know.

To those of you who may ask, "When will you be back?", the answer is...I don't know.

To those of you who may ask, "What will you do when you return?", the answer is...I don't know.

To those of you who may ask, "Georgia is a country?", the answer is...I hope so.

Here's the thing: I don't know many of the details, which is probably why I haven't used my blog to update anyone on the "Georgia experience" yet. I know that my departure date is September 30. That does not mean that I will leave the US on September 30; rather, it means I should be prepared to leave 3 days before/after that date. However, I won't actually find out my flight information more than 5-7 days before I leave, which complicates things a bit. When I arrive in Tbilisi (Georgian capital), I will be in orientation/training for one week. At the end of that week, I will be placed in city, school, and host family.

That's the basic gist of it. I'll teach for 9 months. Travel a bit. Be back in the States by this time next year.


Yes, I am excited, although my excitement has varying degrees depending on the week, day, even hour. As it approaches, however, the amount of panic is significantly less than the amount of excitement, so I guess that's a good sign.

For now, I shall stop rambling about the little I know regarding Georgia. Hopefully, I will have more details for you the next time I attempt to update the world (because that's how many people read this...).


ძილი ნებისა.  

  "Good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment